Andrew sent odd messages on Facebook.

A British tourist found dead in Thailand sent chilling final messages about a “scary guy in a face mask” and people wanting to kill him shortly before he vanished.

Andrew Apperley, 38, from Eastbourne, Sussex, was reported missing four days after failing to return from a Full-Moon Party on the paradise island of Ko Phangan on February 12.

 In the early hours of February 13, the dad-of-one sent an alarming series of messages on WhatsApp and Facebook telling pals he was in the danger.

He sent one friend the last picture of him alive, before adding: “Omg had a mad night all the guys wanting (sic) kill me”.

His final three messages, said: “Scary guy with face mask. After mushroom. What the f***.”

Messages sent over the course of the evening suggest the property manager had taken magic mushrooms – which produce hallucinations – and Ritalin, a stimulant more commonly used to treat Attention Deficit Disorder.

He told another friend on Facebook: “I’m tripping out. Think I’ve been spiked.”

His body was found a week after his disappearance and his death is now being investigated by Thai police.

Gloucestershire Police say it is in touch with Thai authorities and the cause of death is currently unknown.

His brother Richard Apperley, 41, from Stroud, Gloucestershire, traced the final messages after contacting friends who’d been with him in Thailand and says he believes Andrew was murdered.

He said: “I think he’s been murdered. Those messages are signs that there was foul play.

“I want the Thai police to investigate this properly and I don’t want it swept under the carpet.

“He knew Thailand well, he’d been around 10 times and the people he was with say he was in good spirits out there, just trying to have a good time.

“He did take drugs but he didn’t go overboard and he knew how to take care of himself. You can see from the messages that he knew he’d been spiked and that he was in danger.”

Andrew had flown to Koh Samui from Bangkok to go Ko Phangan’s notorious Full-Moon Party.

He checked in to the Ibis Hotel on Koh Samui and planned to return to the accommodation via boat the morning after the party.

He last texted his mother Linda on WhatsApp before going out but several messages she sent the next day were not delivered to his phone.

Andrew’s bank told his family his cards had not been used since going to the party.

(Source:Daily Mirror)

By Juninho