It’s likely that we shall be covering everything from sport to education and from jobs to leisure.
Let’s hope we can bring you the news you want to hear.
P.S If you have anything regarding Buriram you’d like us to report on please let us know. Whether it’s an event you are hosting, a restaurant opening, a tourist attraction story, a sporting event or just something you think people might like to hear about please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
IN THE OPINION OF THE EDITORIAL TEAM HERE’S A SELECTION OF OUR BEST ARTICLES NOT INCLUDED IN THE MOST RECENT NEWS ABOVE. EDITOR’S CHOICEInterested to know about the Chang International Circuit?
Here a Are Some Stats About The Track and Complex:
- The Circuit and complex cost over 2,000 million baht to build and are situated on an expansive 1,200 acre site.
- The track is 4.554 km long.
- The circuit features twelve bends of varying severity. Fortunately for spectators nine of those bends are very close to the main, highly impressive 50,000 capacity Grandstand.
- There are two long straights. One is a whole km long. On this longer straight hair raising speeds of 300 – 315 kph are expected to be achieved.
- The two high speed straights are joined by a tight hairpin bend. Therefore drivers will be accelerating to top speed and having to then negotiate an extremely tricky corner before entering the next straight..
- After the straights competitors very soon find themselves in the technical section. This sits in front of, and can be fully viewed from, the main stand.
- The technical section consists of nine bends some of which can be taken at 160kmh.
- From the main grandstand, spectators can see the entire race track.
- Overall, the track seems to have a great mix of speedy straights and serious skill requiring bends. Split second timing will be paramount towards the end of the straights and corner handling skills will also be tested to the max by the other parts of the track.
- The circuit was designed by world famous, and considered world number one race track designer by many, Herman Tilke.