satThailand maintained their hundred percent record in the Suzuki Cup to book a place against the Philipines in the semi-final. Myanmar put up stiff resistence and were a little unlucky to lose.

The Thai coach took the opportunity to rest most of his key players and give others a chance to stake a claim for the knock-out stages. It was practically a reserve side as Thailand had already qualified.

Myanmar had to win to have any chance of qualifying and took the game to Thailand from the off.
They had a great chance to take the lead in the second minute but a free-header from a cross from the right sailed over the bar.

Thailand’s first chance came after nine minutes but Prakit fired just wide.However, two minutes later Thailand took the lead with a glorious team goal. Patient build up play saw Thailand work the ball into the Myanmar box.

A deft back-heel by Prakit to Tanabon standing some twenty-five yards out saw the latter send a thunderous shot screaming into the net via the underside of the bar. It really was a stunning strike.

Shortly after Sarawut had a glorious chance to increase the lead but hesitated when clean through on goal and the chance was gone. Myanmar then had a chance to equalize after sixteen minutes.

Slack defending saw the ball pushed past the keeper but Thailand managed to scramble the ball off the line. Prakit then almost got on the end of a through ball but the keeper dived at his feet to collect.

Myanmar were certainly having the better of things and the Thai defence constantly appeared very vulnerable. Thailand were also guilty of giving the ball away carelessly far too often and were fortunate to still be ahead.

That being said, Sarawut spurned another great opportunity when he shot tamely straight at the keeper when well-placed. Myanmar then saw another effort fly just wide from twelve yards out.

Right on half-time Kirati shot hopelessly wide for Thailand with only the keeper to beat.Although Myanmar had looked the better team, Thailand had created enough chances to have been out of sight.

The second-half saw Myanmar continue to press and shaky Thai defending allowed their opponents two good chances in as many minutes but fortunately they were unable to take them.

The Thai goalkeeper was then penalized for handling a deliberate back-pass but the indirect free-kick from just inside the area came to nothing. After fifty-eight minutes Myanmar created another chance.

When the ball came over from the left it was sent arrowing towards the top right-hand corner but the Thai keeper produced a stunning save to turn the ball over the bar. A minute later Thailand had a real let-off.

A Myanmar corner was pulled back to the edge of the area and with the keeper beaten, the ball crashed against the top of the crossbar. The Thai keeper was in action again shortly after.

sat2He did very well to narrow the angle and get down low to smother the ball at his near- post. Myanmar continued to exert pressure but were unable to create clear-cut chances.

They did get a clear sight of goal ten minutes from time but a free-header was sent way over the bar. They were made to pay for that miss three minutes later. Thailand won a free-kick thirty yards out.

Prakit set his sights before sending a wonderful , curling shot into the top right-hand corner of the net. Another stunning strike. That was more or less that and Thailand saw out time to record a rather unconvincing win.

Thailand now go on to meet the Philipines over two legs. They play in the Philipines on December the 6th and the return is in Bangkok on December the 10th.