The Rio Olympics start a week tomorrow but did you know Buriram swimming pool is allegedly of Olympic proportions? According to management staff, the pool is apparently 50 meters long. Therefore as big as a standard Olympic pool.
Built way back in 1991 the pool is now a full twenty three years old. Although the surrounding building may be a little weary, the pool itself is in fantastically clean condition.
The water is distinctly clear and the pool tiles look shiny white. It’s obviously been well looked after and stood the test of time with ease.
Designed as a racing pool, the water has diving platforms at either end providing launch pads for would be racers.
Details of Services
- All swimmers are welcome between 9.00 am and 8.00pm every day of the week.
- Swimming lessons are available for children on Saturdays and Sunday and after school.
- All swimming equipment can be borrowed, hired, or bought on site.
- For spectators a large seating area is provided.
- Separate ladies and gents changing rooms and showers.
- Shop selling snacks
- At 20 baht for juniors and 30 baht for adults it’s well worth going for a swim in such a large and well- looked after pool.
How To Get There
The pool is right next to the city centre tennis and badminton courts. It also sits right next to the Buriram United city centre store.